Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 5 Embryo Transfer

Today was our embryo transfer @12:30pm.....I arrived at Piney Point @11am as instructed with my Driver's license, a liter of water, 1 Valium, and 1 Motrin. My vital signs were taken first, then I had to strip from head to ankle leaving only my socks on with the hospital gown. The nurse told me not to urinate because I needed to have a full bladder for the ET. At that point, my bladder was extremely full and I felt so much pressure to the point where I was uncomfortable....yikes. I tried to hold my urine as long as I could....then all of a sudden I felt it coming out slowly....yuck yuck. I immediately jumped to my feet and I started going I urinated so much until I had a trail of urine leading to the bathroom. That was the most embarrassing feeling ever! How could I pee on myself?? I pulled the string for the nurse to come and assist me. She and several other nurses came rushing to my rescue to find me standing up in a pee puddle! Talk about embarrassing for a grown However, in my defense I told 2 nurses that I needed to go right away, but they told me to hang in there. Word to the wise: When you gotta go, you gotta go! The staff came in and mopped the floor and gave me some new socks because my gown was dry!! That's not the end of my story.......the minute the last nurse came into the Pre-op room to explain the procedure and to see if I had any questions, I felt like I needed to go again??? She told me to relax and it won't be long before I'm escorted into the OPerating Room. Well the minute she left, I stood up to go to the bathroom and started going I cleaned up the mess myself because I was too ashamed to let them know I had gone again! Enough of my pee-pee story.....well the RE Dr. Williams came in the Pre-op room to give us the results on the embryos: 2 embryos made it to The Blastocyst stage by Day 3.....1 embryo is at the Morula stage or Pre blastocyst stage......and the others (11 embryos) contain 6-8 cells. The plan right now is to watch the other 11 and the Pre blastocyst embryo until Monday to see if they'll be capable of freezing. The RE went ahead and transferred my 2 Blastocysts!! Thank You God for this opportunity again:-) Now we're in our 2 week's going to be a long wait , but we're grateful and blessed to have come this far. We're thanking God in advance for our developing babies! Around Dec 15, we will have our Beta Test!! Currently, im on strict bedrest for the next 3 days........sending baby dust to everyone including myself...Let the good times roll:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment